Please read below for important info before you arrive at our park.
1. Please observe the parking rules at VETS Park and help make the park safer and more enjoyable for all. When driving through, please keep it under 10 MPH. We have kids crossing the lots and service road all day long. Please be respectful of others as you arrive.
2. There is no smoking or consumption of alcohol while on the grounds.
3. Any abuse of an umpire, whether by a player, coach or fan will be dealt with swiftly and that person will be ejected from the park.
4. Our fields are enclosed. Coaches and players must be inside the dugout during play. Only base coaches are allowed and must be in the coaches box. No on deck batters or players swinging bats outside the fields ! This includes all house, travel and tournament games being played at GILL.
5. Please be aware of the areas where maintenance is replacing the grass. Make sure to avoid those areas and do not allow your children to play there. Do not climb the fences, or trees. Not only is this a safety issue, we are trying to keep the park looking nice.
6. CLEAN UP THE TRASH!: Please discuss with your teams the importance of cleaning the dugout during and after games. Coaches will be notified if their teams leave a mess.
7. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS WHEN USING THE BATHROOMS AND THROW AWAY ALL PAPER TOWELS. DO NOT LEAVE SOAP IN SINKS AND BE SURE TO FLUSH THE TOILETS. GILL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MAINTENANCE AND DOES NOT WANT TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOU!
Thank you for your support and for making it a great year!
GILL OPEN BOARD POSITIONS
(snack stand - 2 or 3 people needed)
PLEASE CONTACT GILL at email@example.com if interested and a board member will respond
NEW BAT STANDARDS
Dick's should have the new BASEBALL bats available for purchase to meet the new baseball bat standards per Little League for 2018. Look for the USA logo.
BARREL SIZE: 21/4 inch bats will be produced, however 25/8 inch barrel bats will be permitted in the Little League Baseball Major and Minor divisions, (this includes GILL's International division for 7 & 8 year olds)
Bats branded with the USABat Standard are available in retail stores beginning in September 2017.
The label will look like this :
For complete answers on the standard please go to this link: