WINNERS ADVANCE TO THE REGIONALS WITH THE FINALS AT THE MLB ALL STAR GAME IN THE SUMMER!
SPOTS ARE LIMITED SO PRE-REGISTER TODAY BY CONTACTING :
Don Scalise at email@example.com or Chris Roulley at firstname.lastname@example.org
BROUGHT TO YOU BY COREY MCGOWAN PRODUCTIONS AND GRAND ISLAND LITTLE LEAGUE
Official Opening Day Ceremonies is Saturday, May 6th , let’s hope the weather cooperates!
We will start our season with the annual parade.
8:30am: Players gather in the back of VETS park near the softball field parking lots
Parents, please line the road to the snack stand to cheer on your children and take pictures.
8:45am: Parade to the snack stand. Go onto diamond #4 and spread out on outfield grass
9am: Opening Day Ceremonies!
10:05am Play Ball!
Schedules are in process of being loaded onto the website. We will send a notice when ready.
We are looking for volunteers:
1. Snack Stand Manager
2. Help with Post Season Tournaments - cooking on the grill, selling food, cleanup, etc - the more volunteers we have then the more funds the league can put toward our dugout cover projects which will be starting soon
If you wish to volunteer or want more information please contact
Don Scalise : email@example.com
Kelly Roulley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our league cannot happen without a lot of great help so if you are able to pitch in a few hours to assist or want to consider it then please email myself or Kelly right away for more details.
Other key dates:
Friday May 12, Jr. MLB Home Run Derby on Diamond #4. 6pm to 10pm. Preregistration is taking place. See homepage for details.
Saturday, May 13 - team picture day
No games Memorial Day Weekend!
Saturday, June 10 - Fan Appreciation Day Picnic/Basket Raffle/Food Drive for the Neighbors Foundation
Thank you, let's have a great season!
Grand Island Little League
12 year old team: please contact Coach Mike if interested
Head Coach: Mike Gardner
email@example.com , cell# 622-2238
Per Little League Rules if you buy equipment:
Only bats with2 & 1/4 inch barrel heads are permitted.
NO shiny reflective metallic helmets
NO metal spikes for 12 and under players.
Welcome to the Grand Island Little League!
Please read below for important info before you arrive at our park.
1. Please observe the parking rules at VETS Park and help make the park safer and more enjoyable for all. When driving through, please keep it under 10 MPH. We have kids crossing the lots and service road all day long. Please be respectful of others as you arrive.
2. There is no smoking or consumption of alcohol while on the grounds.
3. Any abuse of an umpire, whether by a player, coach or fan will be dealt with swiftly and that person will be ejected from the park.
4. Our fields are enclosed. That means coaches must be inside the dugout during play and are not permitted inside the fencing. Only base coaches are allowed and must be in the coaches box. No on deck batters ! This includes all house, travel and tournament games being played at GILL.
5. Please be aware of the areas where maintenance is replacing the grass. Make sure to avoid those areas and do not allow your children to play there. Do not climb the fences, or trees. Not only is this a safety issue, we are trying to keep the park looking nice.
6. CLEAN UP THE TRASH!: Please discuss with your teams the importance of cleaning the dugout during and after games. Coaches will be notified if their teams leave a mess.
Thank you for your support and for making it a great year!