Please read below for important info before you arrive at our park.
1. Please observe the parking rules at VETS Park and help make the park safer and more enjoyable for all. When driving through, please keep it under 10 MPH. We have kids crossing the lots and service road all day long. Please be respectful of others as you arrive.
2. There is no smoking or consumption of alcohol while on the grounds.
3. Any abuse of an umpire, whether by a player, coach or fan will be dealt with swiftly and that person will be ejected from the park.
4. Our fields are enclosed. Coaches and players must be inside the dugout during play. Only base coaches are allowed and must be in the coaches box. No on deck batters or players swinging bats outside the fields ! This includes all house, travel and tournament games being played at GILL.
5. Please be aware of the areas where maintenance is replacing the grass. Make sure to avoid those areas and do not allow your children to play there. Do not climb the fences, or trees. Not only is this a safety issue, we are trying to keep the park looking nice.
6. CLEAN UP THE TRASH!: Please discuss with your teams the importance of cleaning the dugout during and after games. Coaches will be notified if their teams leave a mess.
7. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS WHEN USING THE BATHROOMS AND THROW AWAY ALL PAPER TOWELS. DO NOT LEAVE SOAP IN SINKS AND BE SURE TO FLUSH THE TOILETS. GILL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MAINTENANCE AND DOES NOT WANT TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOU!
Thank you for your support and for making it a great year!
Grand Island Little League
Summer Ball Is On!
Tuesdays and Thursdays (and one Wednesday) on the these dates:
Wednesday 7/26 (MOVED FOR THE GILL/BISONS GAME ON 7/25), 7/27, 8/1, 8/3, 8/8, 8/10, 8/15, 8/17, 8/22, 8/24, 8/29, 8/31 - 6PM start time
International Baseball and Minor/Major Baseball will have 3 teams in each division.
International softball registrations will be refunded and the girls will do clinics.
***GILL at the Bisons***
Grand Island Little League is hosting a night at a Bisons game on July 25, 2017.The Bisons play the Durham Bulls with 7:05pm start.
Tickets are $7 with a $1.25 processing fee and can be purchased through this special link for GILL:
Please note: Tickets cannot be ordered through a phone or tablet.
Please join us and also watch one of our former little leaguers, Emma Richard, throw out the first pitch!
Per Little League Rules (12 AND UNDER) if you buy equipment:
Only bats with2 & 1/4 inch barrel heads are permitted.
NO shiny reflective metallic helmets
NO metal spikes for 12 and under players.
2018 NEW BASEBALL BAT STANDARDS
With the Little League® International Board of Directors formally adopting USA Baseball’s new standard for bat performance testing, Little League International fully supports this program. For more than seventy-five years, Little League has used improvements in science, engineering, and technology to take the sport of baseball to higher levels. By utilizing the most current advancements available, manufacturers can now develop bats with a wood-like performance, which is important for the long-term success of the game. Developed by a USA Baseball committee of scientific experts, Little League Baseball® has decided to adopt the new bat standard for mandated use effective January 1, 2018.
DURHAM, N.C. -- USA Baseball, the national governing body for the sport of baseball in the U.S., in conjunction with participating national member organizations announced today the decision to adopt a new method for measuring bat performance in the testing of youth bats. Informed by the research of leading scientists on the USA Baseball Bat Study Committee, and supported by its NMOs, -- including the American Amateur Baseball Congress (AABC), Babe Ruth Baseball/Cal Ripken Baseball, Dixie Youth Baseball, Little League Baseball and PONY Baseball -- USA Baseball has concluded that recent advancements in science, engineering, technology, and the materials available to fabricate non-wood bats, now allow the manufacturers to construct youth bats that can perform at a wood-like level through the entire range of lengths and weights of youth bats.
The new USA Baseball bat standard (USABat), which will apply to bats that are classified below the NCAA and NFHS level of play, will be implemented on January 1, 2018, allowing the bat manufacturers sufficient time to bring these bats to the marketplace.
"USA Baseball is pleased, with the support of our participating national member organizations, to announce the USABat standard," said USA Baseball's executive director/CEO, Paul Seiler. "Beginning with the launch in 2018, we will take another step forward in making our game more uniform at the youth level and ensuring the long-term integrity of the game."
How will I know which bat to buy?
All new bats that bear the USABat licensing mark will be permissible for play in the leagues and tournaments of the participating youth baseball organizations. Below is the logo that must be displayed.