Please read below for important info before you arrive at our park.
1. Please observe the parking rules at VETS Park and help make the park safer and more enjoyable for all. When driving through, please keep it under 10 MPH. We have kids crossing the lots and service road all day long. Please be respectful of others as you arrive.
2. There is no smoking or consumption of alcohol while on the grounds.
3. Any abuse of an umpire, whether by a player, coach or fan will be dealt with swiftly and that person will be ejected from the park.
4. Our fields are enclosed. That means coaches must be inside the dugout during play and are not permitted inside the fencing. Only base coaches are allowed and must be in the coaches box. No on deck batters ! This includes all house, travel and tournament games being played at GILL.
5. Please be aware of the areas where maintenance is replacing the grass. Make sure to avoid those areas and do not allow your children to play there. Do not climb the fences, or trees. Not only is this a safety issue, we are trying to keep the park looking nice.
6. CLEAN UP THE TRASH!: Please discuss with your teams the importance of cleaning the dugout during and after games. We are not here to pick up after you and coaches will be notified if they choose to ignore this.
10U Baseball wins Gold in the Lewiston Tournament!
GI 10U (Coach Don Whalen) took the top prize in the Lewiston Gold Division championship game, congratulations boys!.
9U baseball wins the Silver Bracket of GI 9U Summer Classic!
GI 9U (Coach Todd Sweeney) beat a scrappy West Seneca Warrior team to win the Silver bracket of the 1st annual 9U Viking Summer Classic. Contributions from the whole team led them to the big victory.
UPDATE: GILL MAJORS (10/11) 2nd place in district finals!!
GI took a lead into the 5th inning against a tough Central Amherst team but could not hold on as the CA bats came to life to take the victory including a crucial home run.
11U Baseball is 2nd at Akron Tournament!
GI 11u finished in in 2nd place the past weekend in Akron. After going 2-1 in pool play, we were the #2 seed going into the semi's on Sunday. On Sunday, we beat the #1 team from pool A, Akron 4-3 and then lost the finals to Lancaster Red Hawks. 9-8. We were down 8-0 going into the top of the 6th. We were able to tie the score 8-8 in the top only to lose the game in the bottom of the 6th. it was a great way to finish the tourney even though we lost. The boys played great and it was great seeing them not give up. - Coach Mike Smith
Summer Ball schedule for Minor/Major (3 teams)
Here is the schedule for summer ball! All games 6PM Start (2 hour time limit).
ALL GAMES ARE ON DIAMOND #4. All Practices are on Diamond #3
August 9 -- Hillman vs Massaro Practice (Still)
August 11 -- Still vs Hillman Practice (Massaro)
August 16 -- Still vs Massaro Practice (Hillman)
August 18 -- Massaro vs Hillman Practice (Still)
August 23 -- Hillman vs Massaro Practice (Still)
August 25 -- Still vs Hillman Practice (Massaro)
International Summer Ball will play on # 2 or # 5 also starting July 12
HOME RUN DERBY!!!
Think you can hit a Home Run at Sheridan park? Here is your chance. Spots are filling up fast for the 1st ever 300Level HR Derby. Enter the Open Men's Division for a chance to win $250. Trophies for other divisions will be handed out to the winners as well.
MEntertainment Providing the Music and Commentary
When:Saturday, August 13, 2016 from 10 AM to 10:30 PM
Where: Sheridan Park - Sheridan Drive, Tonawanda, NY 14150
Boys/Girls 10U, 12U, 14U, High School Varsity, Open Men's Division
Online Registration $10 (plus transaction fee) is open now or $15 at the door. Registration closes Friday August 5th at 6pm
For more details email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716-207-5947
Congratulations go to!!
Major Girls Softball Florida Gators (Coach Morey Cohen)
Minor Girls Softball Maryland Terrapins (Coach Karrie Valle) ,
Minor Baseball Rivercats (Coach Sam Iuvino),
Major Baseball A's (Coach Mike Smith),
International Baseball White Sox (Coach Mike Koslowski),
and the 9U travel team (Coach Sam Iuvino) for winning titles in all closely contested games.
Junior Baseball is available for 2017 for any players that have finished their Major years and will be 13 next year. This division is currently for 13 to 15 year olds. We have two teams and would like to grow it further by another two teams so please sign up next year so you can continue to play ball!
Finally, thank you for the tremendous amount of food items that was gathered at the recent food drive. Your donations go a long way to feeding hungry families right here on Grand Island.
Thank you for your support and for making it a great year!